Thursday, October 8, 2015

Tile pattern and Motif

This is the repeating pattern that I made and it is based off of a basic chevron pattern. I made a blue background and then I made 3 different colored lines that made the pattern have a more defined look. After I made the lines I used the make pattern tool to make it into a pattern. The 3 colors made it look more sophisticated and colorful. This was the easiest pattern that i made out of all of them because it was only a few basic colors.
 This is the other repeat pattern that I made for a ceiling pattern. This pattern I had to make using the pathfinder tool. To make the pattern I made shapes and then I used the pathfinder tool to take out the shapes where the white spaces are. After I made the pattern using the pattern tool I spaced out the pattern so that it was right next to each other. The lines between each pattern adds some more character to the pattern.

This pattern is my motif pattern because it is a single shape and has multiple shapes inside each other. This pattern i made using ovals and then rotating them in different angles. Then i made lines going to each of the ovals and some going on top of the ovals. Then I made a second set of lines that are farther out on the ovals and just reversed the pattern. I chose the blue color because it was the color that everyone chose to have as our color.

3 comments:

  1. Your motif need to fill the white space more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your motif leads to a point which is good. I enjoy how it looked like you took a lot of time to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Alycia. You worked a ton on this, I can tell. Plus, I love the blue color on your repeat pattern. The motif is amazing, good job man.

    ReplyDelete