Monday, October 17, 2016

Quarter 1 Reflection

This quarter i have learned how to make a fish and how to rig the fish with "bones" so that the animation looks realistic. With this project i also worked on importing a picture into maya and using as guide to make a 3d model. I had some trouble with parts of he fish and making some of the animation look finalized and smooth but i learned how to fix all the problems that i had to make sure that my animation was smooth. 


The next project that i started was to make a sword that had effects from maya. I started out with drawing my sword and then i started to create it in maya. When i was creating it i was thinking how to make it cooler so i cut out part of the sword so that i could add a dark ball effect to make the sword look magical. I added the purple energy blade that came out of the cross-guard to make the edge of the blade look more magical also. After i made the whole blade and timed it all out correctly i started to make a mountain so that it could be the setting of my project. I started with a flat plane and started to pull parts up to look like hills and cliffs. After i arranged the whole landscape of the mountain i started to find texture that would work for everything. I made a cave in the mountain to place the sword in and then put rocks in the cave and outside to make it look more realistic. I am not quite done with the mountain because i need to add some grass areas and other objects to make it look more realistic.

Finally i started to do some tutorials on video copilot to try and learn some of the cool special effects and things that you can do in after effects. I made this easy animation to see what it would look like and i want to try some of the other tutorials to make other cool graphics. I also made tried making the crumbling words on video copilot but i have not gotten done with it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment