Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Toy Snake

     The scope of this project was to make a toy that rolls so that it could roll across the floor. I started off looking at different type of toys that rolled and came across a snake toy. I decided to start designing the snake because it was interesting and it would be a challenge to make. I started off with making a rectangle and then I started to boolean out the spaces between the snakes body. After getting rid of the spaces I started to bevel the hard edges of the snake so that they would be rounded off. I started messing with the space between each hump so that it looked better. Finally I added the background of the hallway and then i aligned the camera and snake to make it look like the snake was rolling across the hallway.
     I learned to use bevels to make the curves look nice and smooth and to make sure that everything is aligned.  I would try to make the snake look more realistic with the textures of wood and make it so the humps weren't as round. I would use the same process of how i made the snake by boolean out the spaces. I will make sure to keep the knowledge of making a plane and making it the same color of the background and using that plane to make reflections. Over all I liked what I made and it was a really fun animation to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment