Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Graphic Desgin Reflection

In Graphic Design i learned how to use the pen tool in illustrator to create cool objects and trace over objects. I also learned how to get rid of pixel fringe and make a picture look cleaner. I also learned how to use the pathfinder tool to make shapes merge together or separate parts of a shape. Also i learned how make my own logo and to make patterns look nice and neat so that they fit on an object. I also liked learning about how to make a good box and posters.
I learned to use the pen tool by looking at a tutorial and then copying what the tutorial said to do and how to change the lines. I learned to get rid of pixel fringe when we were taught the steps and process used to make the outline look softer. I was just messing around in illustrator when i found the pathfinder tool and i decided to start finding out more about it. I used google to find out how to make some of my patterns and how to come up with a good logo.
Graphic design is important because it gives you a good knowledge on how colors and aspects of businesses work. It helps give you useful information about how to get rid of pixilated photos and odd looking parts of images. It also helps you know how to place objects in a photo or image and where certain things should be placed on ads and posters. Graphic design also teaches you how businesses make their logos and products look nice and neat.
My strengths in Graphic Design are knowing how colors are supposed to look together and how they fit together in an image. I also know where things should be placed and what parts of an image should be bigger or smaller based on importance. My weaknesses are not knowing how to start out with making a product or coming up with a good start design. I also am not good at making patterns and other types of products like logos.
I have improved over the course of the year by gaining more knowledge of how to make colors match up together and make a good color palette for my designs. My projects have gotten better because i have learned how to make my posters and projects look better and have a better color palette for them. My skills in logo making and poster making has gotten better and better the more i worked on them.
I am going to continue to make logos and other posters for movies and events. I will probably keep making images and other photos with photo shop and illustrator. I'm going to keep making color palettes for designs and i will keep photo shopping different photos.
I would change some of the projects that i made like the gifs and the magazine. I would like to have been taught some more things in class and given more details for my projects. My patterns were ok and some of my other projects could have been better created.
Overall i had a pretty good time in graphic design and i learned some new things over the year. I would like to continue making some things in graphic design and i will continue to use what i have learned in other classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment